Skip to main content

Work…………Clot

 Chemotherapy —Chemotherapy is a drug treatment that uses powerful chemicals to kill fast-growing cells in your body (src: Mayo Clinic).

But, I would say it is a lethal drug, one would take with a belief to get cured of the disease. It doesn’t mean, I am against chemotherapy but I am worried about the side effects, it would affect your body’s immune system.

After the first cycle of chemo, he initially had uneasiness but the doctor had already prescribed the medication to treat it. He resumed work, the very next day after his first cycle of chemo. He was also active and had the food in small quantities at regular intervals even after major surgery.

Side effects like loss of appetite and hair fall started after the third cycle and he felt irritated easily because of the reaction of these chemo drugs. Then, I understood that we need to be so patient with the people, who are under chemo treatment. He slowly started becoming weak after each cycle, but he never took leave from the office and even I didn’t stop because I thought that he would engage in some work at the office rather than staying back at home and thinking about treatment and full recovery.

When we got admitted for the third cycle, I observed swelling around his neck area, but my father didn’t have pain and when the nurse tried to flush the port, it wasn’t working as expected. The doctor advised for an X-ray and it confirmed that there was a small blood clot around the port. Dr. Kishore, who inserted it advised us to get it removed by taking the necessary medication (anticoagulants like heparin). They removed it in OT and

Dr.Srinivas advised a PICC line, which is a longer catheter that’s placed in the upper arm. Its tip ends in the largest vein of the body, which is why it’s considered a central line. PICC stands for “peripherally inserted central-line catheter.”

Chemo cycles……..continued || Work……also continued

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...