Skip to main content

Immediate ……. call

 My father couldn’t control his pain, even though the nurses gave him diclofenac injections. My uncle and aunt came after getting admitted to the hospital.

After a while, my father started vomiting the liquid, which was in green color and he couldn’t stop vomiting too (it is a bile — a fluid that is made and released by the liver and stored in the gallbladder). So, doctors have decided to place a Nasogastric (Ryles) Tube — anything that would come out of the mouth, will come through this tube and be collected in a bag. So, that he wouldn’t feel completely drained out by vomiting. His pain and bloating remained still and the fluids and necessary medication have been on.

The doctor came the next day and said ‘It is abdominal adhesions and abdominal adhesions may cause intestinal obstruction’. These can occur post-surgery and the exact cause behind these occurrences can’t be certain. The doctor also said that let’s treat with medications and they normally would repair themselves on medications, if it doesn’t work, then might require surgery.

Bloating got reduced day by day but the pain wasn’t and he couldn’t bear that pain, he screamed out of that pain and he was asking to get it operated on because of unbearable pain. We were feeling as much as pain he was, by looking at him but we were helpless at the same time.

One day doctor came around 11:00 AM for the rounds and told us that surgery was at 2 PM. No one of us was prepared even though, we knew that if medications didn’t work out, they would plan for surgery. We didn’t expect that he would take an immediate surgery call, as he told us that they would try on medications for a couple of more days, one day prior to the surgery day.

We(I, my brother, and my uncle) were all scared, tensed, and also praying to God that everything should happen fine. After an hour, they brought him from the OT to the ICU. After a few minutes, the doctor called us inside to talk about the surgery. He said that they had removed 2–3 litres of obstructed bile in the stomach and also operated on adhesions.

But, while performing the surgery, he said that he had

seen a recurrence of cancer cells and said it was Stage-4.

We were all shocked, broke down and couldn’t speak out after his words. I asked the doctor — “It’s not even been a month since 8 cycles of chemo were completed, How did it recur so fast ?”. The doctor said — ‘No one knows, when will it recur again!’.

We couldn’t digest it at all and the doctor also said ‘Don’t convey this message to your father as of now, as he needs to recover from this surgery first’.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...