Skip to main content

Bewildered…….But

 I was baffled completely after learning the further treatment procedures. It was in the last week of July when we came to know about this. As I earlier said, I actually had come to the home before lockdown, to get all the documentation done for my MS abroad. I hardly had 1 month then, to apply and get the visa in order to start my postgraduate studies in a foreign university.

I was not in my senses at least for a day and also tensed because I left my job and other job offers for this. I had planned for this long back but it got delayed for some reason. Before the surgery, I didn’t give much thought to it, as I felt I could figure it out once the operation was done.

To be honest, I wanted to pursue postgraduate studies in India. But, it’s my father’s push that turned out to be a motivation for me to pursue abroad. So, even before surgery, my father said, don’t stop your arrangements for onboarding flight for master’s education. I didn’t care about it back then.

Now, it’s time for me to decide or take a call on the next steps. There are two options left ahead of me :

Go ahead and onboard the flight to land in a foreign institution

Stay back and postpone the plans and take care of my father.

I thought in a way that — If I had chosen option 1, I would start my studies but I couldn’t concentrate by thinking of my father, who would be back in India. I couldn’t stay at peace.

— If I had chosen option 2, the plan might have been delayed for some time, or don’t know whether it would happen or not. I thought like, he had done a lot for us and sacrificed many of his wishes for us, so why can’t I stay back and take care of him? I thought that, if I had taken care for 1 or 2 years, I would be much happier in the coming 5–10 years (some people might judge this as selfish) but I was clear in my mind that ‘Nothing is more precious than parent’s love and selfless guidance’.

So, I chose option 2 but my father wasn’t happy (who would like their son to halt their plans for them?)

It’s easy to quote this decision in this blog but I struggled a lot to come to this decision as it affects my career in all possible ways. But, I stood still and stubbornly took my call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...