Skip to main content

Confident & Hopeful

 In the morning, after waking up, my father felt completely hopeless and spoke about after-death scenarios. I started weeping like a child and my uncles and aunt spoke to him to make him calm down and convinced him to go to the hospital. He was having peripheral edema (Leg swelling caused by the retention of fluid in leg tissues) and he was too weak to stand still for 10 minutes. We went to the hospital and booked an appointment with Dr Kishore and showed him all the reports brought from Hyderabad.

Dr Kishore told us ‘First let’s make him stable and then we can plan further actions’. We agreed to it and got him admitted. Initially, the doctor treated for lower levels of albumin, which reduced the swelling, and then infused TPN through a PICC line along with fluids (Ringers lactate (RL), Normal Saline (NS), and D5). On the 3rd day, the PICC line got clogged because of some clot near the catheter. To continue the treatment they placed an Intravenous cannula (IV) on hand.

On the 4th day, He was doing well, seemed refreshed, and was walking in the corridors. I sat aside in the room and I got an email notification on my phone and it was from the university regarding my deferred admission. As I already deferred admission once, they were asking me either to opt-out or appear for the next intake. I was sceptical about whether to speak to him on this or not. I made him settle down on the bed and after a while, I told him about it.

Surprisingly without a second thought, he made me open my laptop and reply to them ‘You will appear for the next intake’. I didn’t send a reply even for a few minutes and he asked me what you were thinking about. I asked him, How would you manage if I leave? He replied to it by saying, I would resume my work after 1.5 months from now and then you would start your post-graduation studies. After hearing these words from him, I felt extremely happy after many months and also felt that he was so CONFIDENT and HOPEFUL.

We got discharged after staying in the hospital for a week and went back home but………………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...