Skip to main content

Doctor’s Consultation turned into worry

 We have been to one of the best hospitals in India for Oncology and have made an appointment to consult one of the best oncology surgeons (Dr TSR) in India. The doctor had assigned the case to his assistant doctor (Dr. Aren), and he received it in a good way. I have given the test reports (that were done earlier) and I also told to doctor that, my father had panic attacks a day ago, as he was scared.

The doctor said to my father ‘It is a disease, which needs to be treated like any other disease, and if you continue to worry, then instead of coming here, next time you will be required to go to a cardiology hospital’. The doctor studied the case for a few minutes and examined my father, in between Dr.TSR came and then Dr.Aren briefed the case to Dr.TSR and then Dr.TSR said ‘You might require Whipple or stomach bypass surgery, be prepared for it. Dr.Aren will explain it in detail’.

We waited for an hour and then again Dr.Aren called us and explained it in detail. He was explaining complications from surgery (which might occur post-surgery or during the surgery). He almost mentioned problems in each and every organ in the body. I got scared and tensed at his explanation, Dr.Aren saw worry in my eyes and stopped explaining and asked me ‘Not to worry, I will detail you later on this’ and he asked us to get some tests done and come back with the reports.

I and my father came out of the waiting room and we didn’t understand what to do and then we thought for a while, then we went down to the parking area and told everything that happened upstairs to my uncle and after a few minutes, my father said before leaving let’s get this tests done (let them collect blood sample), if we again come back to this hospital, then it will be there as backup.

We decided to go back home as we were scared and worried because of the complications explained (involved in the surgery). After going back home……

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...