Skip to main content

Exhausted … Worried

 I, my uncle, and my father reached the hospital, and my father was feeling very low. So, my mama and brother also came to the hospital directly to make him feel better. We met Dr.Pranay, he asked for a medical file, studied it, and advised the endoscopy but asked us to wait for it, as he wanted to do that rather than assistants.

We met the doctor in the morning and it was been afternoon, and the doctor hadn’t started the procedure. We were travelling all night and got exhausted from the huge wait time there. Finally, they called for the procedure in the evening.

The doctor called me to the procedure room, and by then they completed the procedure, the doctor told me that ‘your father was in a worrisome state’.

By the time, we reached Hyderabad, we noticed that both of his legs had edema and after the tests, we understood that his albumin levels dropped to 2.5 g/dL. So, even we understood that his condition was not stable. I asked the doctor whether they could place a jejunostomy tube (J-tube). I asked because I knew a nasogastric tube (which is also used for feeding was not at all an option for him) because he already had a tube inside one nostril to collect the bile coming out of his digestive system.

Our worry was that he had been on fluids for more than 30 days, and hadn’t eaten in that time, and if he had, it hadn’t been fully digested because he had been vomiting bile after a while. I believed that his protein levels and energy levels would remain the same if he had a J-tube in place.

The doctor also said that while performing endoscopy he had found the tumor cells had spread to the peritoneum (peritoneum is the tissue that lines your abdominal wall and covers most of the organs in your abdomen). The same was said by Dr.Kishore, who had done 2nd surgery. The doctor also said that he would enquire with the surgeon, whether they could operate on him or not for J-tube. Meanwhile, Dr.Pranay also asked us to get a CT-contrast abdomen for further detailed diagnosis. I understood that this was a major problem and worried about it because they were not able to figure out a way.

It’s already been 3 days since we were in Hyderabad. My father is very hesitant to go back home and he also said that he could no longer stay. We collected the test reports and started the journey from Hyderabad to home.

It was a tedious task to travel longer distances when the patient was having chronic pain and was not in a stable state. I looked at my father when we started the journey, for the first 100 KM, he managed and was doing well but he felt extremely painful from then as he was not even on fluids for the past 3 days and looked fully tired. We came back home at 11 PM. After a few minutes, he wasn’t able to bear the pain. So, we took him to a nearby local hospital around 1 AM and asked the nurse to give him ‘Perinorm’ and ‘Diclofenac’ injections for hiccups and pains for temporary relief.

The next morning………………..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...