Skip to main content

Gratitude towards Officer

 I knew, only very few friends of my father — (3–4 friends from his professional life).

BVS sir is one of those friends of my father but he was also my father’s manager in the office. I met him first time along with my father in his cabin. I haven’t been to any of the central government officer’s cabins till then. After seeing the cabin, I was a bit awestruck and thought(inside) ‘Oh, this is the bureaucracy’ and after a few minutes, I saw his face — he seemed so bright and lively. It was the first time I had met him.

My father used to tell him, how hard BVS sir worked to grow in his career to reach that position. He has grown from bottom level to top level by qualifying exams and his determination — I think, this is where his humbleness came from. My father and BVS sir had a very strong bond and mutual respect. When diagnosed with a tumour, my father hesitated to let it known in the office, because he wasn’t ready to face the sympathetic expressions from his work environment. Then, he went to BVS sir and spoke to him in detail, and came back home relaxed.

A man can be peaceful when he has peace at home and in the office. We are at home, to take care of my father physically and morally too, but you also need someone who should morally support you. BVS sir had done that. He not only supported my father multiple times to get admission to the hospital for surgery and further treatments using a referral basis from their office, but he also used to call my father almost day by day and speak to him to understand his health condition and to boost him morally, which increased his confidence, this could be one reason — why my father had been to work within a month of major surgery.

There were days when I used to call sir in the night and tell him about my father’s health. Sir used to call the hospital immediately, make arrangements without any hurdles and get the formalities done by the next day. Getting such kind of support is so rare. I aspired to become a civil servant in my childhood but, slowly that went away from me after seeing the system around me (don’t want to detail this reason here). But, after looking at BVS sir, I got some positive outlook on government officers. I believe — ‘The person, who knows the pain and struggle will try to help other people by understanding others based on their experiences’.

BVS sir suffered, struggled, and eventually reached a good position. I won’t term it as a success (because I believe that success is always an inch away, if we term it as success, it will be the end, it shouldn’t be the end, should always move ahead). Every time, he understood the situation and did what could do best to benefit his employees as an officer and as a well-wisher. I also heard that he had backed many of his employees during COVID times. to morally support him. What was the need for him to visit the hospital when my father got admitted to the hospital? — I think, it is his kindness.

My father said many times to me that he is indebted to BVS sir’s help in fighting the tumour and also having respect towards him at the workplace. Even after my father’s demise, BVS sir morally stood with us and has been with us since then and has been guiding us. I have immense respect for him. I have seen his power as a bureaucrat and his kindness and humbleness as a well-wisher. I can’t ask for more rather than having GRATITUDE towards him. Thank you sir for all your support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...