Skip to main content

Hidden Support

 

Colleagues — Friends

I met a few people at my workplace and among them, four people became so close to me, they were Kumar, Suri, Linga, and U.Rag. If truth be told, I interacted and worked with them only for a few months but even in that short period, we all got connected well. All of them were more than 4 years older than me and also in good positions but it didn’t matter any time, as they were all so grounded. When they got to learn, what I was going through. Each one of them called me and spoke to me and gave me moral support and also gave me the confidence to not worry about a break and also they backed me up. Even, I was and am confident that they were there to support me. I am THANKFUL to each one of them.

One day when I was just recovering from COVID, I got a call from Kumar and he asked me to apply for some opportunity for the time being, to come out of the grief. Honestly, I wasn’t interested, and then Kumar’s wife Priya, spoke to me and told me — to try for a few days and leave it (treat it as some tool to keep your mind engaged rather than thinking about the past). Thanks to them, or else I would have gotten even more depressed.

I met them all as Colleagues and turned out as Friends. I am grateful for them.

Driver and Maids

Usually, when we are suffering, family supports us, and also friends at times but getting help from people, who know you as a person but not much is a kind of blessing.

Our driver and maids extended their best support as much as they could during suffering times. I can’t forget their help and can’t THANK them enough for patiently being there.

Doctors and Hospital Staff

These were the people, who took care and tried their best as much as I could. I shouldn’t end this series without THANKING these people. THANKS to all the doctors and hospital staff (from nurses to administrative staff).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...