Skip to main content

ICU………again……

 I was really tensed and didn’t understand why they had put him in the ICU. I was thinking all about it and browsing the internet about it and returned home around 1 AM. On the way back home, I made a call to my friend and told her about the condition and asked her to please be available at any time at midnight. It was so generous of her to accept the request.

I couldn’t sleep the whole night because of stress and tension. I went back to the hospital in the early morning around 5 AM and the nurse who was standing outside the ICU for some work told me ‘Your father is doing fine now and he passed his stools also’. I requested him to allow me inside to see him once. I went inside and spoke to him and also saw him with a smile. I felt relieved then and went to have breakfast.

I was waiting in the waiting room near the ICU to speak to Dr. Kishore, meanwhile, my friend came with her mother to see my father and spoke to me and gave me some confidence.

Dr Kishore came and inquired about his condition and asked the staff to shift him to the room from ICU, he also said that he suffered it because of travelling and also, in the winter, because of less intake of water, there can be a chance for indigestion and thus results in constipation. He also advised more fluids and leafy vegetables to get rid of such problems.

We got discharged from there a day later and after 3–4 days, when my father went to the office, he called me in the afternoon, he said he was having similar pain and then we consulted the local doctor and administered an enema again. He got relieved and then after analysis, we understood that it was happening because of pain medication, he was consuming for his left side abdomen pain.

After a week, he again suffered from constipation but this time enema also didn’t work and the next morning, we decided to visit the hospital and get admitted there.

He drank milk in the morning, which he vomited immediately, which happened again after 6 months of surgery. He was scared of the recurrence of the tumour.

We started from the home to the hospital, after 15 KM, he was not able to bear the pain but we somehow reached the hospital, within an hour by travelling 30 KM. By the time we reached the hospital, his stomach started bloating and it bloated like a ball. I couldn’t control my emotions by looking at him in such a state.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...