Skip to main content

Scary nights…….Tests…!!!

 After the 5th cycle of chemo, initially in the nights, he used to complain of unbearable pain around the left side of his abdomen. In general, when a patient is under chemotherapy, he or she experiences unbearable pain as their immune system becomes weak. So, I thought that he was complaining of such pain.

On the first day, when he complained about this unbearable pain in the night, I thought it was appendicitis. But, my father was a biology student, so he was pretty sure that it was not appendicitis. I made a call to the hospital around 2 AM and they connected the phone call to the duty doctor, he advised me to give him a pantoprazole tablet, and after a while, if the pain didn’t subside then give him an aceclofenac tablet. If he still complains of the pain, then please bring him to the hospital.

Consulted the doctor regarding this problem, Dr. Kishore suggested for Ultrasound and the reports of the ultrasound were negative (which stated that everything was fine inside). The doctor also told us that, it might be because of chemo drugs and we can check it again before the next cycle.

After a few days, he used to wake up around 12 AM because of those pains and sometimes he used to cry too. I used to get worried and ask him many nights ‘Let’s go to the hospital’ but he refused it. Instead, he took the pain medication. Slowly that pain started occurring very frequently (even during the day times), all that we managed then was with aceclofenac tablet. We consulted the doctor again and then he suggested Ultrasound again, even this time, the reports were negative.

After the 8th cycle, the doctor advised for PET-CT scan (which is an effective way to help identify a variety of conditions, including cancer, heart disease, and brain disorders). Doctors can use this information to help diagnose, monitor, or treat in a better way.

PET-CT reports — There were different opinions between doctors on this in the same hospital. One doctor said that the reports didn’t indicate any recurrence of the tumour while the other negated it. So, we decided to approach the hospital, where the surgery was done.

But, a day later we again went to the hospital for his left side abdomen pain. The doctor again suggested an Ultrasound but this time at a different place.

This time the reports stated that there was some abnormal growth inside and the doctor also said that, we couldn’t term it cancer again. The doctor advised us to get admitted in a day for the next 5 days to treat it with Cefixime variant injections.

But……………………….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...