Skip to main content

Tests and hidden distress

 

I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had been to the doctor’s room.

Doctor: ‘Whatever you eat will come out, it can’t go beyond the pyloric antrum and you might need surgery for this and better be prepared for it’.

Me: Doctor! What can be the temporary solution? So, that he can eat something to get energy.

Doctor: I will give you the prescription, use those medicines and be only on a liquid diet. But I don’t think it will help you. You need to undergo surgery soon.

The doctor sent me and my father outside and asked my father’s cousin to stay. My father and I got a bit scared and my father seemed anxious too.

After some time, when I asked my uncle what did the doctor say to him. He was not answering, then when I asked him again and again, he said that the doctor had taken the tissue while performing an endoscopy and sent it for the culture as he(the doctor) was doubtful that it was a malignant tumour. The hospital has asked us to come back after 5 days for Test reports.

I was then confident that, it wouldn’t be a malignant tumour, as he doesn’t booze or smoke and he was also very cautious while eating food.

One day, when my father came back from the office, he was very angry and scolded me without a valid reason, he looked so stressed and I didn’t understand what happened. After some time, he sat on the balcony of my house alone and started thinking. I broke down for a while, as I don’t know why he is angry with me and I thought he might be stressed at his workplace. I went out and brought ORSL for him.

This distress in him continued for a couple of days, which resulted in a small dispute between me and him.

A couple of days later, we went back to the hospital to collect reports……

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...