Skip to main content

The day before

 It’s been 2 days since we have been discharged from the hospital. Nausea and pains have again started troubling him. He tried to calm down but he couldn’t because of his suffering inside. We called the local doctor home for the next 3 days and infused saline fluids as well as pain medication. But, we understood that he was losing his energy and becoming weak. So, we decided to consult the doctor again after a week.

We met Dr.Kishore and got admitted again in a week. The doctor again treated in the same way as last time but this time, Dr.Kishore had advised trying a small dose of chemo cycle by consulting a medical oncologist. To be honest, we hesitated but the doctor yelled at us, as they know the way to treat the disease in a better way than a layman like us. So, we agreed and convinced my father to a small dose of chemo.

My father hasn’t had any kind of prolonged disease such as Blood Pressure or Diabetes till then (even after undergoing 8 rigorous cycles of chemo). The nurse started a single dose of advised chemo and I sat beside my father on the same bed, he started saying something too odd (I didn’t understand and I laughed and I made a call to my brother and made him talk, even then my father spoke in the same way, my brother said something was wrong, go and report it to duty doctor). The nurse stepped into the room and tested his glucose levels, they continued to fall. They immediately stopped the chemo and infused 25 D saline. Within 3–4 minutes, he came back into his normal state. I took a long breath and understood, that it was because his body couldn’t any longer take chemo because of his lower energy levels.

After 3 days, they again infused another dose of TPN, which boosted his energy levels again. TPN acted as an artificial food (moreover as an energy booster) to him. He again got the same energy as I said in the previous chapter and he even looked bright. Dr Kishore called me and said-‘How longer would put him on TPN, try to consult a gastroenterologist again at the place he suggested’. I convinced my father for one more endoscopy and during the procedure, Dr.Pratap called me and explained the procedure and showed me the live footage, of the way he was performing the procedure. He said that there was a block at the lower part of the stomach, which was pushing the consumed food outside. I reported it to Dr. Kishore and he said, he would talk to Dr. Pratap about the further procedure.

I took him back to the hospital and a day later we got discharged as he was doing well. On the way back home, he told me that he was having enough energy to go home once. Usually, we have been staying at our aunt’s house for the past 3 months, which is 500 meters away from our house. But, as he requested and also looked somewhat energetic, I took him to the house.

There…………………..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...