Skip to main content

to Family

 Till the last chapter, I tried to brief the situation and summarize it. But, it wasn’t an easy task to experience it and stand still. In this chapter, I will make you all understand — How family helped?

I believe that

You can’t fight a war alone against the deadliest monster. To fight a cruel monster, we need the best army and they will be the reason for your victories.

Similarly, there are many people behind us through all these tough phases and the frontline warriors of them are FAMILY.

I THANK every one of my family for standing still like pillars throughout these times. I can simply term it as

They stood as support, still standing as support, and will stand as support

I am grateful to them and THANK YOU everyone for all your efforts to help in this struggle. You actually shouldn’t THANK your own family but it’s worth THANKING.

For instance, there were times when I used to get a call from my mama(aunt’s brother) at midnight about my father’s well-being. He stays abroad, so when I send him my father’s health updates through WhatsApp, he used to call me immediately to understand it better.

Shouldn’t we be GRATEFUL for such love and concern!!

I should specifically THANK a few people from this huge family. They are my babai(uncle) and pinni(aunt), their children(daughter and son) and my brother.

My uncle (Babai) who is the eldest younger brother of my father had enough patience to withstand any kind of problem. He is only two years younger than my father. He accompanied us every time, to every hospital even during the COVID times, guided us, and also stood as the biggest support pillar.

My aunt (Pinni) I can’t THANK her enough for her caring and love towards us. I must say that we are blessed to have her in our lives. THANKS would be a very small word for her.

Children(11-year-old and 17-year-old kids), it isn’t easy to understand the situation and help at such a young age. Even though they are small kids, they understood with great maturity and helped, when in need. At times, I saw my sister taking care of my ailing father, it determined their maturity.

My brother, was there with us whenever we needed him and there were times when he was away from home for his work. But, there wasn’t a single day, when he didn’t call to inquire about his father’s health. A few times, when I was panicking, I used to call him and express my feelings and at times anger towards him. But, he never reiterated back at those times. Sorry for every hurt moment and THANK YOU for everything.

A big THANKS to my FAMILY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...