Skip to main content

Treatment Starts……….Again?

 After thorough inquiry and approaching doctors and family, we decided to undergo further treatment at one of the cancer-specialized hospitals, which is 30km away from our hometown. We also thought that it would be feasible in all the ways, to get treated, even if there was side effects during the treatment.

We met Dr Srinivas (medical oncologist), he was friendly and also made my father settle down by starting the treatment with fewer doses and increasing the dosage gradually.

There are many types of chemotherapies available to treat cancer, but the doctor would suggest the best chemotherapy for the type of cancer, the patient is suffering from.

So, they have decided to treat with a chemotherapy combination called FLOT (Fluorouracil, Leucovorin, Oxaliplatin, and Docetaxel) for 8 cycles with a 15-day gap for each cycle.

Each cycle would require a 1.5-day stay in the hospital, there are many ways chemotherapy infusions can be done. Doctors have suggested us port, which is a catheter that’s implanted surgically under the skin of the chest.

It should be implanted through SURGERY, which scares us again. Doctors also explained to us that it is a 10-minute procedure, so not to worry BUT it involves risk. Any surgery would involve risk and no doctor can assure you of a successful surgery, but they would try their best.

As my father wanted to resume work, it was the only best way to follow and we took a step toward that. Fortunately, it was successful and they started 1st cycle.

Then…………….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...