Skip to main content

Waiting for …….. but

 My father wasn’t active and the recovery wasn’t as fast as it happened after 1st surgery. He was so weak yet he was trying to cooperate by taking medication on time and eating food at regular intervals.

He complained about pain again but we made him settle for a couple of days and slowly conveyed that there was a recurrence and so there was pain. I also told him that there was a lot of hope and need not panic at this moment. All strived to make him recover soon. We were waiting for his recovery but

It was the 8th day after we got discharged from the hospital and it was around 10 PM. He vomited (it was massive vomiting). I was shocked and trembled in fear because I doubted (was it adhesions again?). After that huge vomit, he couldn’t control his hiccups, we didn’t understand what was happening. We gave him baclofen tablets and the hiccups were slowly controlled.

After this huge episode, I understood that he was losing hope and feeling so much pain inside about what was happening to him. I believe that Cancer is a kind of disease that is more of a mental disease rather than a physical and the disease aims to lose hope in life. We all tried to stay behind him but his health ran away from us. He was not able to take food inside because of nausea.

We went to the hospital for a doctor's consultation and the doctor asked us to get admitted, they said that they wanted to aspirate and did it using a nasogastric (ryles)tube. The doctor said that let’s examine whether it is because of surgery complications or not. They placed him under IV fluids again and treated him with some cefixime injections and the doctor also suggested considering another cycle of chemo. My father had hardly eaten anything for the past 30 days and we as well as he didn’t even give a thought to the chemo cycle, considering its side effects. The doctor had advised us to visit a gastroenterologist once.

We decided to take him to one of the best gastroenterologist hospitals in India, which is in Hyderabad. We made the appointment with a chief doctor there but unfortunately, they had assigned us to one of his team doctors.

Doctor………..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...