Skip to main content

Within no time

 Our house is on the 1st floor and there is no lift facility available and need to climb 15 steps to step into the home. He climbed the first 5 steps easily and struggled to climb the remaining 10 steps. Finally, stepped into the home and he had tears of happiness in his eyes as he came back to his home after many days. I told him not to worry and I told him — ‘You will be back here every day after a couple of months, once you get stabilized’. He spent half an hour there and we went back to our aunt’s house.

After sitting in the chair for a few minutes at my aunt’s house. He called my aunt to come once and adjust his right leg as it was paining a lot. After a while, we called a local doctor home and gave him a diclofenac injection. Even after a few minutes, his right leg pain didn’t subside and it started swelling. He had been to the washroom and on the way back, he wasn’t able to move his leg as usual. Around 12 AM, he asked us to take him to the hospital as he wasn’t able to bear the pain. I made a call to the driver and we took him to one of the local hospitals but they didn’t admit or treat him as he was weak and it was COVID time. So, we took him to another hospital around. They infused paracetamol injection, which didn’t help either and the hospital staff asked us to take him to the hospital, where the treatment was in progress.

He said I couldn’t travel long(30 KM)with this pain but, it was around 2 AM and we didn’t have any other alternative option other than to get him admitted to Dr. Kishore’s hospital. We somehow reached there and got him admitted. They started treatment but his leg thigh was swollen and even after giving him certain medications, the pain didn’t control.

Around 9 AM the morning, Dr. Kishore examined him and said there was Edema in his right leg thigh and instructed nurses and doctors on certain medications and tests. I took him to the ultrasound room to test for any abnormality in the thigh. But, fortunately, it was a negative report.

We actually planned to visit one of the best hospitals in India in Tamilnadu and made all the necessary logistics requirements to travel within a day but all of sudden in the night, this happened.

After a few minutes……

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both of you made me Lost ................ Are you on a mission?

I am looking everyday at my phone, waiting for your phone call to speak to you again, would only realize after a moment that it’s never going to happen. During lunch I always look at the chair, you were sitting to have our decisive talks, realizing that I am not going to have it again is shattering me. I miss speaking to you again while having a ride on the bike to markets. During our last ride I still remember that when I expressed of moving to a new company, you asked me to stabilize and then wait for 6 months at least. Now, I promise to try my best to hold there. These all exact patterns happened with father too.......(Before his diagnosis) Honestly, I never felt orphaned till date even after losing nana, I always have you then. I am literally having this feeling now, I really don’t know why….…. I am really lost, you both shouldn’t have left me early. I am trying very very hard by running away / staying away from home, but I couldn’t process it. I already lost 50% of my...

Test Reports and Revelation

  I, my father, and one of my father’s cousins had again been to the doctor’s room after a week. Conversation between my father and doctor Doctor:  Hi Sir! How are you doing now? Father:  I felt good and fine until I used the course of medicines, which is prescribed by you. After the course has been completed, from the next day itself, there is discomfort again and I am suffering a lot, sir. Doctor:  Please be prepared for Surgery and make up your mind to it! The doctor asked my father to wait outside and asked us to stay in the room. Doctor:  The reports in the tests confirm that your father is having malignant tumour ( CANCER ) and if you want, you can collect slides and blocks on which tests are performed (at the lab) Me:  I remained Silent BUT {Inside and In my mind} I was a bit shocked and felt nervous!! because I strongly believed that the test results will be negative, as he is a teetotaller and non-smoker. Doctor:  You are so young to visit a c...

Initial Findings…..didn’t notice

  Back in 2020, one night in February, when I was in Bangalore, I got a call from my father around 8 PM, and he said “He was driving back from the office and experiencing extreme pain in the abdomen area”. I was worried and asked him, ‘Where was he exactly ?’. I asked him to immediately turn the car into a nearby hospital, which is 3–4 km away from the place he said he was at. He was hesitant and worried about going to the hospital but then I asked him to ‘Just stop there for a while and go to the restroom’. Because I thought he would at least get temporary relief if he had been to the restroom. After 5–10 minutes, I called him back and enquired about his pain and condition. He said, “The pain was relieved and will slowly drive back home”. I asked him to ‘slowly reach home and call me immediately if you face any problem’. He went home, took a bath, went to my aunt’s house, ate some food, took a pill, relaxed for 1–2 hours, and went back home and slept. I called him the next day, he...